- Join Online
- Referral Rewards
- Book Free Trial
Your work-out can do you more harm than the benefit if you step into your workout session directly. Studies have shown that working out without preparing your body can lead to serious wear and tear besides an injury. Warm-up exercises gently prepare your body for a work out by raising your body temperature and increasing blood flow to your muscles. It not only reduces muscle soreness but also eliminates the risk of injury. Burn Gym, the best fitness club in Chandigarh brings a few warm-up exercises you can perform before you start your power-packed work-out session.
Hip rotations are particularly helpful if you are straining your lower body muscles. This exercise loosens muscles around your butt besides preparing your hamstrings, glutes and calf muscles.
1) Stand with feet together.
2) Raise your one knee to 90 degrees. Circle your hip out in such a way that you make a big circle with your knee. Try to make the circle as wide as possible while maintaining your balance.
Repeat this exercise with your other leg as well. Switch direction from outward to inward after performing 8 reps for each leg.
Arm circles warm up your arm joints and loosen shoulder muscles.
1) Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms by your sides.
2) Slowly swing your arms forward in a circular motion.
3) Continue the circular motion for 8 reps, and then change the direction.
Rope jumping increases your heart rate and helps your body get warmed up for exercise. It is a great warm-up exercise for shoulders and arms. Jump rope for 2 minutes at a moderate pace to prepare your body.
Walk-outs activate your core and help in stretching your hamstrings. It improves flexibility, mobility, and strength.
1) Stand with your feet hip-width apart and arms at your sides.
2) Bend at your hips to reach your hands to the floor, crawl out to a high plank position.
3) Pause for a couple of seconds in this position.
4) Crawl your hands back to feet and stand up.
This is one rep of exercise; you have to do 8 such reps.
Reverse lunge to knee raise
Lunges help you in improving your stability and core strength by working on glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
1) Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
2) Take a big step back with your right foot. Bend both knees, lowering yourself until your right knee is about 6 inches off the floor.
3) Push off your right foot to stand up, and bring the knee out in front of you at a 90-degree angle.
4) Immediately, step your right foot back into another reverse lunge.
Do 12 such reps on each leg.
After you are done with a quick warm-up start with your work-out session. Burn Gym, fitness solution in Chandigarh suggests a cool-down 5 minutes stretching is required following a sweat drenching work-out. It will help in relieving muscle tension and improving flexibility after a work-out.