- Join Online
- Referral Rewards
- Book Free Trial
Yoga groups physical, mental as well as spiritual practices. For this reason, yoga is essential for your mental as well as physical wellbeing. Yoga has numerous benefits and is well known for strength and flexibility. There are many yoga poses which help people strengthen their muscle without those heavy dumbbells. Burn Gym, best fitness club in Chandigarh suggests a few yoga poses which help in strength training:
Plank pose is best known for strengthening the shoulder, abdominal muscles and lower back. To avoid any shoulder injury, follow the steps below for plank pose:
1. Tuck your toes and straighten your legs.
2. Distribute your weight throughout the body.
3. Position your hips in such a way that your body forms a diagonal from the crown of your head to heels.
Chaturanga dandasana helps you strengthen your arms, shoulders, back and core. Follow the instructions given below to formulate correct posture for chaturanga dandasana:
1. Form plank pose, shift your weight into your toes so that your shoulders come in front of your wrist.
2. Lower your chest on the floor and bend your elbows slowly.
3. Lower your shoulders until they are in line with your elbows.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Cobra pose helps you strengthen arms, wrists, shoulders and back muscles. Follow the steps below to formulate cobra pose:
1. Lie on your stomach and forehead on the stomach.
2. Place your hands under your shoulder with your elbows touching your sides.
3. Slowly lift your shoulders and upper chest off the mat on an inhalation. Do not press your hands when you are lifting your shoulders and upper chest.
4. On exhalation, lower your forehead back to your mat.
Navasana (Boat Pose)
Navasana helps you improve the strength of your abdomen muscles. Instructions given below will help you formulate navasana:
1. Lie down on the mat with your feet together and arms on your sides.
2. Your arms should be kept straight and your fingers outstretched towards your feet.
3. Slowly start inhaling, as you exhale, lift your chest and feet off the ground, stretching your arms towards feet.
4. You will feel the tension in your stomach area as your abdominal muscles contract.
5. Rest all the bodyweight on your buttocks. Hold in your breath and remain in this position for a few seconds.
6. Now, exhale slowly as you bring your body down to the starting position.
Burn Gym, fitness solution in Chandigarh provides you with the guidance needed to practice all these asanas properly.